Sunday, September 19, 2010

How did Socrates die?

I applaud on how Socrates held his thoughts and ideas together when speaking about his friend Euthyphro's problem with his father. Bringing him insight on how his father and family are assessing the situation. Although I don't agree what Socrates is suggesting that his friend should be protecting his father instead of taking him to court, but I do like how he opens his friends eyes to another way to view the situation. I found it interesting on how he brought up the Gods and the wars they have with each other. All thought we may never really know what goes on in Mount Olympus, but can be certain that no one really knows on what the Gods really view as good and bad.

When Socrates was in court and he had to defend himself by cross examination, I applaud him on questioning Meletus trying to get him make a mistake or to not know how to reply to something. Trying his hardest to prove him wrong, but Socrates was always good with throwing out questions to confuse someone. Although, in the end all of his thoughts and answers only lead him to his death.

No comments:

Post a Comment